Tuesday, October 27, 2009

M17 Omega Nebula

We drove out to a great "Dark Sky" location in Borrego Springs, CA on Sunday and spent the night under a clear sky. Stayed at a great "Amateur Astronomer Friendly" Hotel / RV park called the "Palm Canyon Resort" http://www.palmcanyonresort.com/. I was only able to capture a few photos as we were busy showing others at the resort our telescope and the sites of the evening. However I was finally able to spot a few new objects that had evaded me from our home viewing site. (Omega Nebula M17, Trifid Nebula M20, Crab Nebula M1). Telescope worked well however I still keep having problems with my use of Stellarium as a main program. I'm sure it is "user error" so just have to keep working at it.

Special thanks to Shirley the resort manager for making our stay a very enjoyable one.

Here's one of the photos I have finished processing:
M17 Omega Nebula

No comments:

Post a Comment