Sunday, August 15, 2010

M20 Trifid Nebula with great guiding!

I've been busy getting the settings worked out in PHD since I changed from the 70mm guide scope to the 9x50 viewfinder setup.

I finally got it nailed down last night. I was able to catch a 10 minute single exposure guided with no star trails and nice round stars! (It's only taken a year to get the bugs worked out!)

The "test exposure" was of just a star field so nothing to really see.

I did manage to capture 3 each 2 minute images of M20 however. I would have taken more but I realized I was getting very close to the meridian and didn't want to take a chance of the scope doing a "flip".

Look at the little pin point stars...... I have never been able to get that precise of image before! I think I've finally got the bugs worked out!

No comments:

Post a Comment